As a famous historic monument of Iran and also known as the Alavian Mosque, the Jam’e Mosque of Na’in is a construction of the 10th century AD. Architecturally, the crescent-like arches of the mosque bear close resemblance to those of the Tarikhaneh Mosque in Damghan and the Jam’e Mosque of Nairiz in Fars province. The monument possesses eleven arcades with semi-circular vaults, the one in the middle being wider than the rest. Upon the walls, the vaults, and the pillars, there are various octagonal and other geometric decorations worked in plaster moldings, which are particularly worthy of note for their simple charm and their deep setting. This last point supports the opinion that the monument is one of the early Islamic structures.
The Jam’e Mosque of Na’in is also famous for its manbar and a wooden door, both of which are beautifully carved and both rank among Iran’s historic relics of considerable artistic value. Upon the manbar there is an inscription in Naskh style, carved on a floral background and dated 1311 AD, which is the date of the donation, by Jamal od-Din Malik ot-Tojjar, of the manbar. Further, a panel inscription on the door of the mosque, bears the date 1469 AD, which is that of reparations in the monument.